- Clarify pedestrian safety issues and look for solutions
- Create an open dialogue between the walking community, business, Alameda School District and the City of Alameda to develop pedestrian design standards and support funding for pedestrian improvements
- Examine traffic calming techniques and various safety options and their effectiveness in other cities
- Develop pedestrian/motorist education approaches in order to alert pedestrians, cyclists and drivers to their rights and their responsibilities to themselves and their community
- Build partnerships for community events such as: Walk & Roll to School Day, Safe Routes to Schools, Bike to Work Day, "Keep Kids Alive. Drive 25"
PFA believes in developing positive partnerships in order to accomplish our goals and educate the community to the benefits of a safe, walkable community. By working together, we can enhance the quality of life on the island.
PFA is a member of America Walks, a national pedestrian advocacy organization, Alameda Transportation Coalition and California Walks
For more information about PFA, please